This week I have stitched the moon goldwork design I had. The final kit will be a bit different. To keep costs down I will only have one highlight gold option and I might make the “stars” around the moon in the smaller check.

  
This one I have turned into a little bag & filled with sweets for the person who gave me the goldwork supplies. I think I will include a second piece of velvet in kits for those who want to make it a bag. It’s ok, but I think it is looking a little squished as a bag on its own. 

  I had some trouble with finishing. Sigh.

In other news I have done a bit on my friends cushion…

 
I might be about a quarter of the way round (possibly a bit optimistic), but it’s coming together & no finishing on these babies! Yah!

Also, today I did some sewing… With a machine, gah! I hate dress making! It is for my daughter & fortunately she is now old enough to do the more boring parts – cutting out the pattern, pinning it, cutting it out and zigzagging all the edges.  Still, I need to buy a zip before we can go any further on that medieval wonder!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “A mini goldwork kit stitched

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s